The Benefits Of Hiring A VA Disability Lawyer
Thousands of veterans seeking VA disability benefits do not know whether or not they can benefit from hiring a lawyer to help them with their VA appeal. In fact, many veterans navigate the VA appeals process on their own because they do not understand the benefits of hiring a VA disability lawyer. At Centonzio Law, PLLC, our VA disability lawyers help veterans and their family members in Missouri and Florida navigate the VA disability appeals claim process. We understand that veterans put their lives on the line for our country, which is why we are dedicated to working tirelessly with every client and offering our personalized service. You can schedule a case evaluation with our VA disability attorneys by calling our office in Kansas City, MO, at (816) 710-9455 our office in Largo, Florida, at (727) 900-7290, or toll-free at (800) 342-2727.
Do Veterans Represented by Counsel for Appeals Have a Higher Success Rate?
The appeal process to receive VA disability benefits can be complex and time-consuming. The process often involves substantial paperwork and procedural requirements, which is why a veteran may not be fully aware of all the legal nuances, rules, and procedures to successfully overturn a VA decision regarding their disability benefits. That is why many veterans choose to hire a VA disability lawyer to help them navigate the appeals process and provide guidance every step of the way.
While applicants have a right to handle the VA disability appeal process on their own, many applicants consider the benefits of hiring a VA disability lawyer to help assist them. According to a report published by the Board of Veterans’ Appeals in 2018, veterans represented by legal counsel had a 45% success rate in having their claims granted. Without representation, only 27% of veterans had their appeal granted. The American Legion is a non-profit veterans service organization that provides assistance and guidance for veterans and military personnel across the United States. Of course, these statistics do not guarantee results. However, if you are interested in learning how a VA Disability Appeal attorney can help you, contact our law firm today.
What Does a VA Disability Appeal Lawyer Do?
VA disability appeal lawyers assist clients with the claim process after there has been a denial of a claim. When a veteran hires a VA disability attorney, they can expect their legal counsel to do the following:
- Review the veteran’s unique case after it has been denied and determine what types of benefits may be available to them
- Determine if the veteran meets eligibility requirements to apply for VA disability benefits
- Gather sufficient evidence to support the applicant’s case for a claim
- Prepare the veteran’s case for an appeal if their claim was denied
While applying for VA disability benefits might seem like a straightforward process, a veteran may encounter many challenges and obstacles when trying to convince the Department of Veterans Affairs to approve their claim after receiving a denial. A veteran may have a difficult or challenging time understanding eligibility requirements, gathering evidence to prove a service-connected disability, and handling other aspects of the appeal process. For this reason, a veteran might consider hiring a VA disability attorney to provide them with legal advice and guide them throughout the appeal process.
The Benefits of Hiring a VA Disability Lawyer for Your Appeal
Hiring a VA disability lawyer may provide potential benefits to veterans seeking disability benefits after receiving a denial. The following are just a few advantages of being represented by a VA disability attorney:
- Determine eligibility for VA disability benefits. When a veteran contacts Centonzio Law, PLLC, our attorneys will help determine the veteran’s eligibility for VA disability benefits and advise them on their options after they have received a denial. The Department of Veterans Affairs has strict eligibility requirements, which is why it can be difficult to determine if a veteran qualifies for benefits. If a veteran has been legitimately denied, our attorneys can let a veteran understand why they were denied benefits. However, if our attorneys determine that a veteran is eligible for benefits, we can also help ensure that their appeal is aggressively pursued in order to receive appropriate benefits.
- Navigate the VA disability appeals process. Lawyers spend years or decades handling VA disability appeals, which is why they know the ins and outs of the VA system. A lawyer will help a veteran seeking VA disability benefits handle the legal aspects of their claim and fight for the compensation to which the veteran is entitled on appeal.
- Collect the necessary evidence. The success of a VA disability claim depends on the applicant’s ability to present sufficient evidence proving the link between their active military service and their condition. The amount of evidence a veteran needs to establish the connection to the military service depends on their condition and the circumstances of their case. A skilled attorney is familiar with the documents and evidence that must be submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs to increase the likelihood of a successful appeal case.
- Provide guidance and support. The VA disability claims appeal process can take a considerable amount of time, which is why many veterans lose hope while waiting for the Department of Veterans Affairs’ decision. An experienced attorney provides their client with guidance and support throughout the appeal process to ensure that the veteran knows the status of their claim.
How to Choose a VA Disability Lawyer?
When hiring a VA disability lawyer, a veteran needs to make sure that their prospective lawyer has the following three qualities:
- Accreditation by the Office of General Counsel (OCG) at the Department of Veterans Affairs. An attorney must be accredited by the OCG to represent veterans in VA disability cases.
- Extensive experience. A veteran may want to consider hiring a VA disability lawyer with a proven track record of success. An experienced attorney will be able to provide valuable advice and guidance throughout the claims process at all levels including the Regional Office, the Board of Veterans Appeals, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Unwavering dedication. When choosing a VA disability lawyer, a veteran may want to consider hiring someone who genuinely cares about their client’s needs.
Our knowledgeable VA disability lawyers at Centonzio Law, PLLC, possess these three qualities and are committed to representing veterans in VA disability cases.
VA Disability Lawyers at Centonzio Law, PLLC
At Centonzio Law, PLLC, we appreciate the tremendous sacrifices veterans have made for our country. In return for these sacrifices, our country offers countless benefits to veterans. However, obtaining those benefits can be a complex and frustrating process, which is why many veterans think about the benefits of hiring a VA disability lawyer to help them navigate the VA disability appeal process. Consider getting a case evaluation with our attorneys at Centonzio Law, PLLC, by calling (816) 710-9455 (Missouri) or (727) 900-7290 (Florida) or toll-free at (800) 342-2727.