Our Attorneys Have VA Disability Claims Experience
We Know What its Like to Go Through the VA Process:
- Our firm has filed our own VA Disability claims and experienced the lengthy (and oftentimes frustrating) VA process ourselves. This allows our team to serve our clients with empathy and compassion as we know what the process can feel like.
We Know What the VA and the Court Are Looking for When Deciding Disability Claims:
- Our firm has experience working for the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC). This experience allowed us to observe the different litigation styles of the attorneys who practiced before the court, which taught us what works and what doesn’t work when presenting cases before the judges.
- Our firm has attended many events presented by VA staff and Veterans Law Judges giving us further insight into the “behind-the-scenes” of the VA system and what strategies work for our veteran clients.
We’ve Received an Education Specifically Geared Toward VA Law:
- Many VA Disability lawyers have learned about the VA system solely through handling veterans’ claims. Few have actually gained knowledge about the VA system and its complex laws by participating in VA-specific coursework.
- Our firm has completed courses at Stetson University College of Law precisely geared to learning about the VA system and its laws. Stetson is well renowned for its dedication to serving veterans in the community and teaching new lawyers how to successfully advocate on their behalf. Our firm’s experience in this educational setting deepened our understanding on VA disability law. This allows us to think outside-the-box when examining our clients’ claims.
We Have Years’ Worth of Experience Dealing with Complex VA Disability Issues:
- Our firm has dealt with a myriad of legal issues regarding disability benefits at the VA level and at the CAVC level—from Military Sexual Trauma claims to Camp Lejeune Water Contamination claims—we have handled it all.
- We’ve argued complex issues such as, connecting neuropathy to frostbite endured in the Korean War, and establishing a causal connection between sleep apnea and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Our vast experience allows us to spot issues and VA mistakes early in the process, which helps our clients receive their benefits quicker.